Do policy_banks overrule defaults?

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Fri May 25 14:03:23 CEST 2012

This is a rather complicated question (with a hopefully simple answer):

I have a set of virus scanners. Viruses should go to the quarantine unless
their virus name triggers a mass virus action via
@virus_name_to_policy_bank_maps. Among other things the mass virus action
should simply discard such virus messages.

How will amavis behave if one virus scanner reports a virus that would trigger
a mass virus action in @virus_name_to_policy_bank_maps but not the other ones?

Will the mass virus action (do not quarantine) overrule the default action
(quarantine)? Would I end up adding all (different) virus names from all
virus scanners in use to @virus_name_to_policy_bank_maps just make sure the
message will be discarded?

thanks,

p at rick

--
state of mind ()
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666