TROUBLE in check_mail problem

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Tue May 22 19:50:06 CEST 2012

Peter,

> I have just discovered that  I have a lot of the following entries in my
> mail.log
>
> TROUBLE in check_mail: quar+notif FAILED: Submitting mail text failed:
> Broken pipe at (eval 114) line 127, <GEN43> line 6487.
>
> I'm running amavisd-new-2.6.4 (20090625) on Ubuntu 10.04, perl 5.10.1 and
> postfix as MTA (2.7.0)

Either your quarantining or notifications is configured to feed mail
to a pipe to some external program, which gives up receiving a message
and closes the connection.

Check your *_quarantine_method and $notify_method settings.

If feeding to an external program through a pipe is intentional,
check why such external program gives up (closes or crashes).