Amavis Signing Incoming Mail

Stephen Guglielmo srguglielmo at gmail.com
Sat May 12 03:16:04 CEST 2012

Hey,

I have Amavis-new setup with Postfix, ClamAV, and spamassassin. I have
it verifying and signing emails using dkim.

I noticed that when I send myself an email from an off-server account,
amavis adds a dkim signature to that email, then maildrop delivers it.
An example:

This is in the headers of an email sent to my server running
amavis-new, from a third party email provider.

     dkim=pass (1024-bit key) reason="pass (just generated, assumed good)"
     header.d=domain.tld DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256;
c=relaxed/simple; d=domain.tld; h=
     content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:content-language
     :accept-language:message-id:subject:subject:date:date:from:from
     :received:received:received:received; s=mail; t=1336784874; x=
     1336871275; bh=24DdfY1P3gOE62wbCjpxXNsBrPKUqpfZxa5YiPHQpGM=; b=i
     Ba+mVULBqvphBh+pisdQVIvy2Yw2Wc9t+Z95MhmqtKp6KuMcs+zw7U9wyVkvotIm
     iK7/9fk4r92MYNpeIZuoBN84tXhdti/OO//pWJBWf2kT4i3OioGQlOhLtsgFVBE2
     AuvFLRcBrPmYbL/TekAZLBEF8o6JO6fCSZdDsNuSTk=

As you can see, it says "just generated, assumed good." I want to sign
all outgoing mail, but what is the point of signing incoming mail as
well? Is there a way to prevent this?

Thank you