ipv6 testing

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Wed May 9 17:31:21 CEST 2012

--On Monday, August 01, 2011 11:14 AM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount
<quanah at zimbra.com> wrote:

> --On Monday, August 01, 2011 7:51 PM +0200 Mark Martinec
> <Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si> wrote:
>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Attached is a small additional fix over my original patch.
>> Please include it too in the finalized patch.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> Done!  Attached is my finalized version and it also includes the above
> bit as well.  I've verified it resolves the issues we were seeing.  My
> guess is it is a perl 5.8.8 vs perl 5.10.1 issue, since SLES10 and
> Ubuntu8 both use Perl 5.8.8 while Ubuntu 10 uses perl 5.10.1.

One issue I've found with Net::Server even once it is patched, is that if
the hostname is "localhost", it comes back resolved twice as 127.0.0.1 if
you have both IPv4 and IPv6 enabled for localhost.  It looks like it would
do the same thing for any hostname that's so enabled.

This causes startup problems for applications that use Net::Server to bind
to the IP address, because they try to bind twice to 127.0.0.1 [port], and
then fail to start since it is already bound.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff