Problem with @banned_files_lovers_maps...

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Tue Mar 20 16:50:01 CET 2012

Klaus,

> so, we wonder a little bit, because when we set
>
>        $bypass_decode_parts = 1;
>
> the we can GET the e-mail WITH attachment. If we doesn't set
> $bypass_decode_parts, the we GET the e-mail WITHOUT the attachment.
>
> The $bypass_decode_parts = 1; in conjunction with set
>        @banned_files_lovers_maps = (
>              { 'specialuser at ourdomain.tld' => 1,
>        } );
>
> We tried this e few minutes ago, and we only have postfix in
> conjunction with amavis (controlling spamassassin and clamav),
> and the mp3 (for example) we send, had no virus inside...

This is most unusual. As Mihael said, amavisd does not
modify mail body. The only exception to that is if you have
defanging enabled. In this case amavisd can call external
programs like altermime or Anomy::Sanitizer or use a very
simple built-in sanitizer. The altermime or Anomy::Sanitizer
are capable of stripping attachments, but the built-in
sanitizer cannot, it can only wrap the original mail body in an
extra level of MIME structure (pushes it to an attachment).

If you do not have defanging through altermime or Anomy::Sanitizer
enabled, then I don't see how you could get the results you see.
Perhaps some further mail processing at delivery time or in a MUA
is used. Or maybe the attachent is still there but perhaps a MIME
structure got botched somehow. Checking the log at level 5 may
provide some answers.