amavisd-snmp-subagent and Cacti

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at schwartzkopff.org
Sat Mar 3 19:40:35 CET 2012

> Hello,
>
> I configured snmpd with amavisd-snmp-subagent and now I would like to
> integrate it with Cacti.
>
> Is there a template or someone have some tips as a starting point to
> create it?

First you need to  define what your are interested. Incoming mails? Outgoing
mails? The kind of contents of mails and finally the fate of the mails.

When your know some key figures that give you a nice overview over the working
condition of your mail system then search these key figures in the AMAVIS-MIB
and add this to your monitoring.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff