Banned rules question

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Fri Jun 29 17:15:47 CEST 2012

Antoine,

> I'm wondering what are the default banned rules provided by amavis.
> I failed to find the answer looking at the sample config file.
>
> What I think is %banned_rules only contains only a 'DEFAULT' entry equal
> to $banned_filename_re.

Right.

> My question is: what is the default content of $banned_filename_re ?

These are the defaults:

  @banned_filename_maps = ( 'DEFAULT' );
  %banned_rules = ( 'DEFAULT' => $banned_filename_re);  # after-default
  $banned_filename_re = undef;

The $banned_filename_re is empty (undef) by default.
Its usual value comes from a config file, using an
assignment like:

  $banned_filename_re = new_RE(
  );

This may or may not be the same as in the amavisd.conf file
of a distribution. Site installation or some package may have
its own ideas what should be assigned to $banned_filename_re.
It is also possible that a config file was not updated with
some upgrade of amavisd, so it may contain older settings.