+ sub addressing setup

lists at sbt.net.au lists at sbt.net.au
Mon Jun 4 23:57:46 CEST 2012

On Fri, June 1, 2012 3:48 am, Mark Martinec wrote:

>> user at vdom1.com user+spam at vdom1.com
> Using Postfix address classes 'virtual maps' or 'virtual mailbox'
> or something else? If using aliases to implement this, one needs to add
> 'alias' to a list in propagate_unmatched_extensions.

Mark, thanks

using Postfix's virtual transport/ virtual_alais_maps/
virtual_mailbox_domains /_maps

yes, sorry, I meant user+spam at vdom1.com

>> I guess I need something additional for virtual domains...?
> What is different in mail delivery route between your webmail test
> and amavisd re-entry?

just tested sending mail from external domain addressed to:
user+spam at vdom1.com
and, it was delivered OK to .spam Maildir, so I guess I misconfigured amavis?

I have in /etc/amavisd.conf:

$recipient_delimiter = '+';  # undef disables address extensions altogether
but, from past time, I also have, lower in the file:
$spam_quarantine_to = 'spam at sbt.net.au';  # fwd to MTA for delivery

is it this that I should remove, the "$spam_quarantine_to", does this
overrides recipient_delimiter (expect for my address at the real domain?)

thanks again for all the help