Black List Question

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Fri Jul 13 23:30:02 CEST 2012

* Thomas Curtis <thomas.j.curtis at gmail.com>:
> We are recieving an in ordinate amount of crap email that is not being
> filtered anywhere.  It seems to be coming from some dink somewhere sending
> from wizstar@<various domains>
> I have setup whitelist_sender and blacklist_sender parameters.  Those work
> with wildcarding on the domain, eg *@gmail.com, but not something like
> wizstar@*  Does anyone know if this is possible or if SpamAssassin is a
> route or how we can shut this guy down.

Is the miscreant using the sender address as envelope sender address or as
FROM:-header address? If it is the envelop sender address you might consider
rejecting the sender at SMTP level BEFORE the message hits amavis.

In Postfix you would add something like this to main.cf's
smtpd_recipient_restrictions:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        check_sender_access pcre:/etc/postfix/wizstar.pcre
        permit_mynetworks
        reject_unauth_destination

In /etc/postfix/wizstar.pcre you would have something like this:

/^wizstar at .*$/                  REJECT

That should reject any message from any sender whose localpart is wizstar.

p at rick

justified.

saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):