amavisd-new 2.7.2 vs 2.8.0:?

Steve steeeeeveee at gmx.net
Thu Jul 12 17:03:42 CEST 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 17:18:15 -0700
> Von: Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah at zimbra.com>
> An: Steve <steeeeeveee at gmx.net>, amavis-users at amavis.org
> Betreff: Re: amavisd-new 2.7.2 vs 2.8.0:?

> --On Saturday, July 07, 2012 12:59 PM +0200 Steve <steeeeeveee at gmx.net>
> wrote:
>
> > And this guy works for EMC/VMware where a
> > gazillion of coders are working and he can not provide a small patch
> > adding that ipv6 support that he is claiming to be easy to add? Is the
> > community not supposed to work that way, that everyone is contributing
> as
> > much as they can?
>
> I also don't get this.  What does it matter where I work, or how many
> coders work where I work?  Now, if I owned EMC, then I'm sure what
> interests me would likely be of interest to them.  However, I don't.  I
> work for VMWare, as an employee in the Zimbra division.  In fact, I'm the
> only person in the Zimbra division who actively works on external open
> source.  And again, adding support for a feature when I can't test it is
> not really something I feel is appropriate to do.  Now that I do have ipv6
> support, maybe I'll look into it.  But this still isn't an EMC/VMW "wish
> list" item.  It was my own personal interest.

I understand you but if this is a personal interest then why are you not using your personal email address? For me seeing @zimbra.com automatically tells me that you are sending that message in the name of your employer.

btw: This all is pretty much does not belong here in the amavis-user mailing list. Better would be to just address me alone.