amavisd-new 2.7.2 vs 2.8.0:?

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Sat Jul 7 15:53:20 CEST 2012

Steve wrote:

> Well... I see him often nagging/(requesting) on the dspam mailing list for ipv6 support.
> Last time he even sent a bunch of links for how to implement ipv6 into c code. Funny.
> When I read it I asked my self: he took the time to find documentation what needs to
> be added/changed in c code for ipv6 code (in addition to ipv4 code) and this is not the
> first time he is asking for that on the list. And so far no one of the community has
> made anything. And this guy works for EMC/VMware where a gazillion of coders are working
> and he can not provide a small patch adding that ipv6 support that he is claiming to be
> easy to add? Is the community not supposed to work that way, that everyone is contributing
> as much as they can?

Not speaking about this particular dspam case (which I'm not familiar
with), nor about Quanah in particular, but generally I think it is
good that a packager/reseller/company comes upstream with suggestions
or problem reports which could let everyone benefit, instead of
applying a fix/improvement in his own walled garden, eventually
leading to incompatibilities or forks. Sounds like requesting
support for IPv6 in y2012 falls under that category, where the
upstream should be persuaded to implement it.