ANNOUNCE: amavisd-new-2.8.0 has been released

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Tue Jul 3 16:27:31 CEST 2012

Quanah,

> It still appears the solutions for scalable DKIM have not been
> implemented as was first targeted for Amavis 2.6.x after 2.6.2?  Is
> there a new release target for it?
>
> <http://lists.amavis.org/pipermail/amavis-users/2011-July/000607.html>
> <http://lists.amavis.org/pipermail/amavis-users/2012-March/001280.html>
> <https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=6E24839589694EFCC83C97B9%40[192.168.1.199]&forum_name=amavis-user>

I'm aware this has been targeted for 2.8.0,
I just ran out of time implementing it, as getting the SNMP agent
to work under 0MQ was my priority and took longer than expected.

At least now I know how to do it, and I have the necessary
message passing infrastructure in place. The plan is to
get rid of the async interface in amavisd-signer, which never
worked well with unsupported and under-documented asynchronous
API in Net::LDAP. Now we can have a message passing query/response
'ventilator', and as many synchronous signing worker processes
as necessary.

I'll have this as a primary goal for 2.8.1. Sorry this issue
keeps dragging on.