ANNOUNCE: amavisd-new-2.8.0 has been released

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Sun Jul 1 23:37:17 CEST 2012

Just a small note regarding the choice of a 0MQ library
and a corresponding perl interface module, as the number
of choices may seem overwhelming (three versions of the
library, with two different interface modules).

Our site has been running most of the time with a
Crossroads I/O library (libxs-1.2.0) with a zmq v2 compatibility
layer as offered by this library, and the ZeroMQ 0.21 perl module
(from FreeBSD ports). Now we are running with libzmq 2.2.0
(FreeBSD ports) just for kicks, and the same perl interface
module - this seems to work fine too. Note that the
ZeroMQ perl module can only interface with a version 2
of the library, so native libxs or libzmq 3.* are out).

The ZMQ-LibZMQ2-1.01 and ZMQ-LibZMQ3-1.00 perl interface
modules seem to work fine too, although I'm a bit concerned
with them, considering some compiler warnnings about
possible use of undefined values, which seem warranted.