Do not use RBL for my networks

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Tue Jan 31 13:46:54 CET 2012

Peter,

> > On the SpamAssassin's side, make sure to list all your
> > internal networks in trusted_networks and in internal_networks.
> > A more complex site may also need to configure msa_networks.

> No, I **DO** want spam checks for outgoing email, I just do not want RBL
> and PBL checks. 99% of false positives are due to PBL SBL checks. So, I
> just want to avoid that (and for a few days/weeks only).
>
> Would the trusted_networks do the trick?

Yes, for most purposes setting internal networks and trusted_networks
correctly should suffice. SpamAssassin finds an IP address to check
with RCVD_IN_* rules in the Received trace at the point where
mail entered the contiguous trusted range of IP addresses.

This may not suffice if your IP addresses are found in URLs
in mail body.