My problem or bad-header?

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Mon Jan 23 18:36:35 CET 2012

On 23 January 2012 12:11, Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si> wrote:
> Simon,
>
> Thanks for the sample (sent offline).
>
> Indeed the MIME subheader is broken:
>

> --000e0cdfd1e2a2583304b5317774
>
> name="banner.jpg"
>

> it contains a newline before "name=", instead of a tab or a space.
>
> Still, my MIME::Tools reports the error differently.
> Could be due to a different version of MIME-Tools (I'm using 5.502).

Thanks Mark.  So, this is their issue.  Presumably, (as least in the
sample I sent you), they are using a php script to generate the mail
and this irs what's causing the error.  (Why do I imagine someone
somewhere posted a php script with an error and 1000s of people have
since used that script and adapted it and the MIME error remains
because Outlook/Exchange doesn't care)..?

Is there an easy way (without changing code) to downgrade amavis's
objection to this?  bad-header should be checked but perhaps not
militant about it.

Simon