spam_quarantine_to problem

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Wed Feb 29 20:12:12 CET 2012

Nicolas,

> I installed Amavis on Debian 6.0 .
> I configure $spam_quarantine_to = "spam\@$myhostname"; and the system work
> ok (forward mail) . But, when I view the mailbox of spam, the header "To:"
> is undisclosed-recipients:; not the original. This dificult forwad false
> positive from the spam account mailbox. How set Amavis to preserve
> original header "To:"

This shouldn't be the case. Messages sent to a quarantine keep their orginal
header field "To:" regardless of whether a quarantine is file-based, or sent
with SMTP to some mailbox. I just tried it with versions 2.7.0 and 2.6.6,
both behave as expected.

The "To:" is also preserved when releasing from a quarantine.

Which version of amavisd is that?

Are you sure the "To:" header field existed in the original message?
Just guessing, perhaps you are looking at some other notification message
and not a quarantined message.