Upgrading Amavis on Centos 5

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Fri Aug 31 15:33:33 CEST 2012

On 31/8/2012 1:25 μμ, Mark Martinec wrote:

>> So, if I would change:
>> >     amavisd
>> >     amavisd-agent
>> >     amavisd-release
>> >in their current locations, wouldn't this imply a true upgrade to 2.8.0?
> ... and amavisd-nanny.  Yes, I believe it would.
> ( but I can see people who do all the package management through
> tools to start pulling their hair:)

Tried it and it worked fine with my old config file. I only had to
manually change the value of:

    $unix_socketname

to the correct path in amavisd-release ($socketname =
'/var/spool/amavisd/amavisd.sock'; for the EPEL version).

Perhaps amavisd-release should learn the $unix_socketname by reading the
amavisd.conf file?

So, now I am running 2.8.0 under the disguise of a 2.4.5!

I will try, however, to create a true amavisd-new-2.8.0 RPM, based on
the EPEL source package
(http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/SRPMS/amavisd-new-2.4.5-1.el5.src.rpm).

If anyone else, more experienced than me, can do it faster, that will be
appreciated!

Thanks,
Nick