spam report with original message attached

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Fri Apr 6 00:39:21 CEST 2012

Sergey,

> I am receiving spam reports with attachment which is supposed to contain
> the original message. But the attachment contains only the head of the
> message with information (From/To/Subject) - no body of the original
> message. Please advise how to configure so that I get the complete
> original message attached with the spam report?
> Version: amavisd-new-2.6.4
[...]
> $final_virus_destiny      = D_DISCARD;
> $final_banned_destiny     = D_DISCARD;
> $final_spam_destiny       = D_DISCARD;
> $final_bad_header_destiny = D_PASS;

Are you sure these nondelivery notifications originate from your
amavisd installation?  According to the settings of $final_*_destiny
you are showing, none of these are D_BOUNCE, so it can't be this
instance of amavisd that is generating notifications you are seeing.
Carefully examine a notification to see what really generated it.

When amavisd generates a nondelivery notification (a bounce), it
does indeed only contain an attached original mail header section
(a complete header section, not just From/To/Subject, but no body).
This is intentional: attaching an infected body or spam would not
be helpful and could contribute to a valid bounce being discarded
on a receiving side. Such practice of attaching only a header
section is common with mailers too.