Problems Setting up Amavis - Messages Unchecked

Schiz0 schiz0phrenic21 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 01:31:25 CEST 2012

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Mark Martinec
<Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si> wrote:
> Schiz0,
>
>> I sent a mail to my gmail and viewed the raw body to check the dkim
>> signature. Here's what it says:
>> http://pastie.org/private/uhd8dvaukzf3yqiui84yg
>>
>> As you can see from gmail's headers, the SPF record passes, however it
>> says the dkim is bad/neutral/invalid format.
>>
>> I will send a test mail to the list now, however I am not subscribed
>> from that address.

>>  d=guglielmo.us; [...] s=mail
>
> There is no DKIM public key in your dns:
>
> $ host -t txt mail._domainkey.guglielmo.us
> Host mail._domainkey.guglielmo.us not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>

> Mark

Ok, I solved that problem. I apoglize, it seemd my DNS host has
problems with records longer than 256 chars. I reduced my key from
2048 to 1024 and set the proper things up in DNS and amavis. I tested
the records and it seems to work properly now. I'll send another test
to one of the automated testing email responders and see if it now
works properly.

Thank you for your help!