Problems Setting up Amavis - Messages Unchecked

Schiz0 schiz0phrenic21 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 05:55:26 CEST 2012

Hey list,

I'm setting up an email server on FreeBSD. I have Postfix configured,
Dovecot, and Squirrelmail. I then wanted to add virus filtering via
ClamAV and spam filtering via SpamAssassin, both being run through
amavis-new. I installed everything through the FreeBSD ports system. I
also followed various tutorials I've found through google.

Here's the software information:
===>>> p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.3.2_6
===>>> clamav-0.97.4
===>>> dovecot-1.2.17
===>>> mutt-1.4.2.3_6
===>>> postfix-2.9.1,1
FreeBSD sub.domain.com 9.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE #0: Thu Feb 16
11:20:09 EST 2012     root at hostname:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KERNEL  amd64

The problem is, all incoming mail seems to be marked **UNCHECKED** in
the subject. In addition, when I read my logs, amavis seems to be
having problems detecting ClamAV (Is this related to the UNCHECKED?)

Here is a snip from my mail.log (which logs postfix and amavis) when I
send myself a mail from gmail to my server.
http://pastebin.com/0swTuaT1

Here is my amavisd.conf configuration file
http://pastebin.com/VDYmcedB

I have been googling around and changing various options trying to
solve this problem.

Another issue I just remembered - I have tried to enable DKIM signing
of mails. I setup the DNS record and followed instructions using
amavis genrsa/showkeys/testkeys. However, when I send a mail to one of
the various DKIM testing systems, it says my key does not validate. My
DNS record exists properly, when I view the raw body of the mail the
DKIM header exists. But for some reason, it is not validating. Any
ideas come to mind?

Thank you!