excluding checks for @mynetowrks - amavis vs. postfix problem

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Wed Sep 21 11:45:10 CEST 2011

Am 21.09.2011 10:51, schrieb Tomas Macek:
> I want to exclude some part of Postfix's mynetworks from Amavis spam
> checks, but really only some part, the rest should be checked as
> ussual. The "some part" is a subnet, in that I have all my servers
> sending emails, that should be excluded.
> For example here I'm trying to say, that my servers (that I want to
> exclude) are in 192.168.0.0/29 subnet.

A side remark: I never exclude local servers completely - what if one of
these gets hacked and start sending out spam? You would not  even notice
it before your upstream  Mail server starts to block your requests. I
just give these machines a negative score that ensures passthrough of
normal or even slightly spammy mail but would detect blatant bot-like spam.
This would also solve your problem with mynetworks as you just declare
the networks you want to exclude without a connection to postfix
"mynetworks".

JC