Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Fri Sep 16 00:34:19 CEST 2011

Mark,

* Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si>:
> > Maybe I stared to long at the monitor ...
> >
> > How can I load a policy bank for local recipients when I use Postfix in
> > pre-queue-mode?
> >
> > - I can't use Postfix access (5) tables to route the recipient domain to a
> >   filter (amavis) on a dedicated port that maps the recipient to a
> > dedicated $policy_bank.
> > - There don't seem to be any SQL fields or LDAP attributes to specify a
> > (list of) $policy_banks for that recipient (domain).
> > - There doesn't seem to be a perl array, e.g. @recipient_policy, like
> >   @author_to_policy_bank_maps or @client_ipaddr_policy to go with.
> > - I can imagine an LDAP object to give me a subset of what a $policy_bank
> > can do, but not the full $policy_bank feature set
>
> > How can I load a policy bank for local recipients when I use Postfix in
> > pre-queue-mode?
>
> You can't. A policy bank affects a message as a whole, so it only makes
> sense to load it based on some common property of a message as a whole.
> A message can have mulple recipients, which is why you can't load
> a policy bank based on recipient info.

but, ...

... the message could have 10 recipients in 2 recipient domains.

Maybe I don't get it yet, but to me amavis could _simply_ load multiple
policy_banks, e.g. one per recipient domain.

It just seems like adding another layer before amavis offers completely
individualized recipient policies e.g. such as an LDAP lookup does when it
returns a list of recipient specific policy options:

  MAY ( amavisVirusLover $ amavisBypassVirusChecks $
        amavisSpamLover $ amavisBypassSpamChecks $
        amavisBannedFilesLover $ amavisBypassBannedChecks $
        amavisBadHeaderLover $ amavisBypassHeaderChecks $
        amavisSpamTagLevel $ amavisSpamTag2Level $ amavisSpamKillLevel $
        amavisWhitelistSender $ amavisBlacklistSender $
        amavisSpamQuarantineTo $ amavisVirusQuarantineTo $
        amavisBannedQuarantineTo $ amavisBadHeaderQuarantineTo $
        amavisArchiveQuarantineTo $
        amavisSpamModifiesSubj $ amavisLocal $ amavisMessageSizeLimit $
        amavisWarnVirusRecip $ amavisWarnBannedRecip $
        amavisWarnBadHeaderRecip $ amavisVirusAdmin $ amavisNewVirusAdmin $
        amavisSpamAdmin $ amavisBannedAdmin $ amavisBadHeaderAdmin $
        amavisBannedRuleNames $
        amavisSpamDsnCutoffLevel $ amavisSpamQuarantineCutoffLevel $
        amavisSpamSubjectTag $ amavisSpamSubjectTag2 $
        cn $ description ) )

I know the list above doesn't match what a $policy_bank offers, but to me it
looks like _some_ kind of policy bank.

p at rick

justified.

saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):