Wishlist feature

Andreas Schulze andreas.schulze at datev.de
Wed Sep 14 22:02:58 CEST 2011

Am 14.09.2011 18:14 schrieb Christian Roessner:
> I found a problem with using amavis with a milter. I use postfix and normally I could use smtpd_proxy_filter to get mails over a mavis. But for some reason, I need to use milters before amavis. So I need amavisd-milter, which uses $unix_socket in amavisd. This is okay, if I only have amavis listening on one TCP port, i.e. the incoming MTA port. But what about the submission port or any other port that normally would live inside a policy bank?

Christian,

I had the same problem. I wrote the attached patch for amavisd-milter-1.5.0.
It adds new commandline-option which uses the value of "milter_marcro_daemon_name"
as name for a policy_bank.

# a main.cf
smtpd_milters = inet:amavisd-milter.example.com:12345

# a master.cf
smtp        inet  n - - -     - smtpd
 -o milter_macro_daemon_name=smtp

submission  inet  n - - - - smtpd
 -o milter_macro_daemon_name=submission

# amavisd.conf
@listen_sockets = ( "$MYHOME/amavisd.sock" );
$protocol = 'AM.PDP';

$policy_bank{'smtp'} = {
  # example only!
  log_level => 5,
};

$policy_bank{'submission'} = {
  originating      => 1,
};

--
Andreas Schulze
Internetdienste | P252

DATEV eG
90329 Nürnberg | Telefon +49 911 319-0 | Telefax +49 911 319-3196
E-Mail info @datev.de | Internet www.datev.de
Sitz: 90429 Nürnberg, Paumgartnerstr. 6-14 | Registergericht Nürnberg, GenReg Nr.70
Vorstand
Prof. Dieter Kempf (Vorsitzender)
Dipl.-Kfm. Wolfgang Stegmann (stellvertretender Vorsitzender)
Dipl.-Kfm. Michael Leistenschneider
Dipl.-Kfm. Dr. Robert Mayr
Jörg Rabe v. Pappenheim
Dipl.-Vw. Eckhard Schwarzer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Reinhard Verholen