sa_userconf_maps and sa_username_maps syntax question

Matt Goodman matt at dgisoda.com
Thu Sep 8 20:47:19 CEST 2011

Ah thanks, I am reviewing the release-notes now.

However, what I am reading is that the example listed for @sa_username_maps
statically maps usernames which is a smaller scale than I am trying to
implement. With a larger scale system, how do I tell @sa_username_maps to
pass the email address supplied from the RCPT TO as the SA username?

Or is that what the earlier reference to the following will do (provided by
Florin Portase on 09/01/2011):

@sa_username_maps = new_RE (
);

And finally, will I need to have @sa_userconf_maps set to "sql:" if I only
wish to do per-user bayes? Would this potentially cause any other problems
if we enable this setting but do not use any per-user preferences?

For reference:

All my users will have their own custom bayes without exception. We do not
wish to use per-domain or per-policy-bank bayes, per-user only. My SA/bayes
SQL configuration is sound and currently working - however, only one bayes
database is in the table, and it is owned by user 'amavis'.