sa_userconf_maps and sa_username_maps syntax question

Renato Botelho rbgarga at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 12:06:52 CEST 2011

Hello Matt

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 1:51 AM, Matt Goodman <matt at dgisoda.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much for your reply. I understand a little bit better now.
> However, in example one below you listed a single domain name using the
> method ‘sql’. What if I have dozens of domains, with them being
> added/removed somewhat regularly by Postfix Admin (I can perceive adding at
> least 1-2 domains per month) to this system. Isn’t there a way to tell
> amavisd-new that all domains in the lookup_sql_dsn? The table is actually
> called ‘domain’ inside the ‘postfixadmin’ db.

If all domains are using sql, you can have:

@sa_userconf_maps = (
   {
      '.*' => 'sql:',
   }
);

> For @sa_username_maps – I do not understand the syntax of that at all. Could
> you explain it in just a little more detail so I actually understand what’s
> being done, as opposed to just copying your example. Many thanks.

In this case, since it is a single domain, i have personal userprefs
set just for uset, without domain, i mean, if email is user at foo.com
prefs on SQL is set just for user, so, this map says exactly it, for
user at foo.com, look just for user at SQL database.

@sa_username_maps = new_RE (
  [ qr'^([^@]+ at .*)'i => '${1}' ]
);

> Thank you for the link to the patch, that will be helpful. And yes I have
> followed the SpamAssassin SQL README and have my db schema as-per those
> documents. A table called ‘userpref’ with one line per SA preference. I have
> even tested this using spamc and validated that the SQL configuration is
> good.

What that patch does is making amavis respect personal required_score
setting instead of use a global value for everyone, and the version sent
to this thread has a small issue if you use it with spamassassin < 3.0.

--
Renato Botelho