sa_userconf_maps and sa_username_maps syntax question

Matt Goodman matt at dgisoda.com
Thu Sep 1 19:48:41 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I am interested in two new features that got added to amavisd-new in version
2.7.0

Taken from the Release Notes (2.7.0)

- per-recipient (or per- policy bank) SpamAssassin configuration files or

  SQL configuration sets are supported (@sa_userconf_maps), and
per-recipient

  SQL Bayes database usernames (@sa_username_maps);

However, I don't see are any examples of how this configuration is enabled,
or more specifically what syntax the configuration options are looking for.
I gather that they are "maps" but I really don't understand how maps are
configured. Presently I have the @lookup_sql_dsn configured to check the
database which Postfixadmin is adding users to. I'd like to have my users
store per-user bayes information and per-user spamassasin information inside
this database also.

Did these options merely get added and will become documented/utilized at a
later point? Or is all the information already there, and I'm just not
seeing it?

Update: I did find these two config options in the amavisd.conf-default.bz2
doc file

# @sa_userconf_maps = ();

# @sa_username_maps = ();

Alas, they are empty and I am not sure what to enter there to "tell"
amavisd-new to look up in the SQL database.

I appreciate any replies.

Matt