How to use @sa_userconf_maps for white-/blacklisting in Amavis 2.7.0

Matt Goodman matt at dgisoda.com
Sat Oct 15 23:49:18 CEST 2011

Show me your @sa_userconf_maps and your @sa_username_maps from /etc/amavisd.conf

-----Original Message-----
From: SB [mailto:kfswido at yahoo.de]
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:27 AM
To: amavis-users at amavis.org; Matt Goodman
Subject: Re: How to use @sa_userconf_maps for white-/blacklisting in Amavis 2.7.0

Hi,
Thanks for your help. I think we're getting closer to it:

I get some log entries now, but no further processing is done (see below, the blacklist entry is not retrieved). I also don't observe any call to the database in the mysql log.

These are the entries I get (slightly anonymised):

-----

Oct 15 22:08:38 myservername amavis[23564]: (23564-01) lookup [sa_userconf] => undef, "recipient-emailaddress at example.org" does not match Oct 15 22:08:38 myservername amavis[23564]: (23564-01)
lookup_re("recipient-emailaddress at example.org") matches key ".*", result="$GLOBAL"
Oct 15 22:08:38 myservername amavis[23564]: (23564-01) lookup [sa_username] => true,  "recipient-emailaddress at example.org" matches, result="$GLOBAL", matching_key=".*"
Oct 15 22:08:38 myservername amavis[23564]: (23564-01) SA user config:
"", username: "$GLOBAL", 0
Oct 15 22:08:38 myservername amavis[23564]: (23564-01) switching SA (0) username "amavis" -> "$GLOBAL"
Oct 15 22:08:38 myservername amavis[23564]: (23564-01) calling SA parse (0), SA vers 3.3.1, 3.003001, data as GLOB, recips_ind [0], user: "$GLOBAL"
Oct 15 22:08:38 myservername amavis[23564]: (23564-01) get_deadline SA check - deadline in 479.9 s, set to 475.000 s Oct 15 22:08:38 myservername amavis[23564]: (23564-01) CALLING SA check (0) Oct 15 22:08:38 myservername named[1183]: error (unexpected RCODE
REFUSED) resolving 'somedomain.com/A/IN': 8.8.8.8#53 Oct 15 22:08:38 myservername named[1183]: error (unexpected RCODE
REFUSED) resolving 'someotherdomain.com/A/IN': 8.8.8.8#53 Oct 15 22:08:43 myservername amavis[23564]: (23564-01) DONE SA check (0) Oct 15 22:08:43 myservername amavis[23564]: (23564-01) get_deadline spam_scan_sa - deadline in 474.1 s, set to 332.000 s Oct 15 22:08:43 myservername amavis[23564]: (23564-01) prolong_timer
spam_scan_sa: timer 332, was 471, deadline in 474.1 s Oct 15 22:08:43 myservername amavis[23564]: (23564-01) spam_scan:
score=-1.794 autolearn=ham
tests=[BAYES_50=0.8,DKIM_SIGNED=0.1,DKIM_VALID=-0.1,DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1,DKIM_VERIFIED=-5.7,HTML_IMAGE_RATIO_06=0.001,HTML_MESSAGE=0.001,MIME_QP_LONG_LINE=0.001,PYZOR_CHECK=1.392,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE=-0.0001,REMOVE_BEFORE_LINK=1.8,SPF_FAIL=0.001,T_FRT_PROFIT1=0.01]
recips=0

----

("$GLOBAL" is the name under which I have defined my rules in the spamassassin db, and I've simply mapped all email addresses to this global identifier in the config file of amavis, as follows:

@sa_userconf_maps = (
      {
         '.*' => 'sql:',
      }
    );

@sa_username_maps = new_RE (

[  '.*' => '$GLOBAL' ]
);

)

So I suppose the reason is that spamassassin's user_scores_dsn ruleset in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf is not considered. Might it be reading from the wrong file, or not have the permission etc.?
(Does anyone know how to figure out which spamassassin config file amavis uses?)

I think this is a very probable cause since everything works (also the
blacklisting) when sending my email via spamc on the command line.

I'd be more than happy if anyone could point me in the right direction.
I've spent hours fixing this, without success.

Thanks a lot,

S.