Does altermime interface support dropping an email?

Rajkumar S rajkumars at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 17:59:25 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have a requirement for additional processing of outgoing emails
apart from normal spam and virus handling. Depending on SA rules hit I
need to either modify the email body, drop the message (and save the
message content for records) or just pass it through.

I am planning to use the  altermime interface to call an external
program which will go through the SA rules in email headers and take
appropriate action.

In this scenario is it possible to drop a message completely using an
altermime interface? Does amavis provide any other interface to call
an external program capable of modifying or dropping an email?

with thanks and regards,

raj