AW: completely disable quarantine?

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Sat Nov 19 02:49:44 CET 2011

Jo,

> How can I completely disable the quarantine?  I don't use it, I've never in
5 or 6 years now had to go looking for something in it…  but I keep finding
50k files in that directory.  Obviously a cron find -exec rm command is an
option, but can I simply disable it entirely?

> Is the answer to set
>   $sa_quarantine_cutoff_level = <same value as spam kill level> ?

Thats one way to do it (the more unusual), but only applies to
spam (not to viruses or banned content).

Peter wrote:
> i use this in my /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user to disable the quarantine:
> $bad_header_quarantine_to = undef;
> $virus_quarantine_to = undef;

Yes, that's fine.

According to:

  http://www.amavis.org/amavisd-new-docs.html#quarantine

the quarantine can be disabled by setting $QUARANTINEDIR to undef,
or setting each $*quarantine_to or $*quarantine_method to undef.