email with Passed SPAM

Bailey, Damian S. baileyds at lcps.k12.va.us
Fri May 27 17:59:29 CEST 2011

Oberdan,

I'm new to responding to issues with amavis, but here's something I'd check.  You have the kill level set which is great, but what's happening to your email that's above the threshold?  Right now it's being passed.

I would check your 50-user config file (/etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user) to see if you have $final_spam_destiny set.

Mine is set to:

$final_spam_destiny = D_DISCARD;

Which does what I think is what you want - drop the mail.  Odds are yours is set to:

$final_spam_destiny = D_PASS;

Hence mail that's above the kill level is still sent.

You might check here for more info:
http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/amavisd-settings.html

FWIW: I'm running this on Ubuntu - your config file location may vary.  Let us know if you need any more help.

Damian Bailey
Lead Technician | LCPS Technology
Shipping Address:
Louisa County Public Schools