Accessing amavisd quarantine db

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Thu May 12 19:51:17 CEST 2011

Alex,

> I've read the docs regarding amavisd-release, but wondered if the
> quarantine is also stored in a database that can be queried to search
> for a message that may be in the quarantine?

Quarantined messages may be stored as an SQL quarantine.
Except for releasing from such quarantine (which is provided by amavisd),
the rest of the quarantine management and searching is not provide
by amavisd. Either use some existing third-party tools, or coin up
the SQL queries as needed.

> I've been unable to locate documentation on the files in
> /var/spool/amavisd/db. Do the contents of those db files include
> information on files in the quarantine?

The db files there are not for quarantine. These Berkeley db files keep
evidence of amavisd child process states (as displayed by amavisd-nanny),
and amavisd statistics counters, as displayed by amavisd-agent or
exported into SNMP by amavisd-snmp-subagent.