using Net::Server 0.99

Clayton Keller inetadmin at ruraltel.net
Tue May 3 19:17:19 CEST 2011

On 05/03/2011 12:04 PM, Mark Martinec wrote:
> David,
>
>> Currently i'm using  Net::Server 0.97
>> Is upgrading to  Net::Server 0.99
>> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Net-Server/
>>
>> Will increase performances or stability ?
>
> I don't think so. Check the release notes: the 0.98 and 0.99 add some
> new features (not used by amavisd) and fixes some issues not really
> applicable to amavisd.
>
> So if you are already upgrading stuff, it makes sense to upgrade
> all modules, otherwise if 0.97 works your you, there is no immediate
> need to switch it to 0.99.
>
>    Mark

Mark,

I recall we had to patch Net::Server 0.99 with 2.7.0-pre12 due to the
zombie'd child issue reported.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4D239C66.3050403%40ruraltel.net&forum_name=amavis-user

Just thought I'd add that as something that may need to be handled by
the user during their module upgrade.

Clay