Spamassassin configuration files not working

Jimmi jimmi at libero.it
Mon May 2 16:33:51 CEST 2011

 On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 09:21:10 -0600, Gary V wrote:
> levels, and inserting spam-related mail header fields." As mentioned,
> spamd is not used. Note that user prefs for the amavis user on a
> Debian system are stored in /var/lib/amavis/.spamassassin/.

 Thanks for the tips, I will look into. Nevertheless, sorry for
 insisting, my point is relevant to another issue. On the same
 http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#faq-spam I read:

 "Does SpamAssassin observe settings in its configuration file local.cf?
     SA does observe all settings in its configuration file, but not all
 of them have effect on the mail being checked ..."

 My questions are:
 - Is amavis SA module supposed to read by default
 /etc/spamassassin/*.cf files (or /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf/)?
 - When the above happen, should I have the following lines in the
 amavis debug log?
 debug: config: read file /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre
 debug: config: read file /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
 - If amavis is not doing so, how may I make it happen?

 Thanks for your patience :)
--
 jimmi