Bug in 2.7.0 pre 14 and hostname

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Fri Mar 25 23:11:23 CET 2011

I see specifically it is using POSIX::uname, even though the documentation
says it is very unreliable.  I would advise not using it.

uname

    Get name of current operating system.

            ($sysname, $nodename, $release, $version, $machine) =
POSIX::uname();

    Note that the actual meanings of the various fields are not that well
standardized, do not expect any great portability. The $sysname might be
the name of the operating system, the $nodename might be the name of the
host, the $release might be the (major) release number of the operating
system, the $version might be the (minor) release number of the operating
system, and the $machine might be a hardware identifier. Maybe.

--Quanah

--On Friday, March 25, 2011 3:04 PM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount