amavis crashing in Natty

Gary V mr88talent at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 03:15:06 CET 2011

> 2011/3/14 Florian Effenberger
>
>>> I put a test version of the updated Net::Server with your patch in my
>>> PPA:
>>>
>>> https://launchpad.net/~kitterman/+archive/ppa
>>>
>>> If that doesn't resolve Florian's problem, then I think your conjecture
>>> that
>>> there's another problem is proven.  I'll still work on getting it
>>> updated, but
>>> I want to work through Debian (I've contacted Alexander Wirt offlist
>>> about
>>> this).
>>
>> thanks a lot! I'm testing right now and will tell you about the results.
>
> it did NOT work, sadly. Same error message, address already in use:
>
> ==
> Mar 14 10:59:03 myserver amavis[13881]: (!)Net::Server:
> 2011/03/14-10:59:03 Can't connect to TCP port 10024 on 127.0.0.1 [Die
> Adresse wird bereits verwendet]\n  at line 88 in file
> /usr/share/perl5/Net/Server/Proto/TCP.pm
> ==
>
> I tested with "/etc/init.d/amavis force-reload ; sleep 5 ; ps auxw | grep
> ama"
>
> Florian

Hmm, I could not repro this. I tried on a 64-bit laptop and an older
32-bit desktop. I did a force-reload every 7 seconds for about a half
hour and threw some mail at it during this time. The test laptop is a
dual core Pentium with no Hyperthreading and a SATA drive. I installed
using the option to use LVM.

--
Gary V