Strange things....

Bill Landry bill at inetmsg.com
Sun Mar 13 18:45:40 CET 2011

On 3/13/2011 5:04 AM, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> * Patrick Ben Koetter<p at state-of-mind.de>:
>> * Lyn St George<lyn at zolotek.net>:

>>> Didn't see that discussion - guess those mails were dumped as being
>>> unidentified.  Have to say I find it a little odd though that a list dedicated
>>> to email manipulation is the only one I have that doesn't identify itself in
>>> the subject line. Was there a particular reason for this?
>>
>> Please see:
>> <http://lists.amavis.org/pipermail/amavis-users/2011-March/000020.html>
>
> For those too lazy to lookup how to filter the list with sieve use this
> example to start with. It puts the message into folder "amavis-users" if the
> List-ID:-header contains "amavis-users.amavis.org":
>
> require "fileinto";
> if header :contains "List-Id" "<amavis-users.amavis.org>" {
>      fileinto "amavis-users";
>      stop;
> }

Or, if using maildrop:

if (/^List-Id:.*<amavis-users.amavis.org>/:hD)
{
     exception {
         to "$DEFAULT/.amavis-users"
     }
}

This will place the list mail into the amavis-users folder, unless the
folder does not exist, in which case it will deliver it to the default
folder, which is typically the inbox.

Bill