Amavisd Not Scoring from Soft blacklist

Gary V mr88talent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 03:56:13 CEST 2011

On 6/20/11, jason hirsh wrote:

>>> Thank you .. I did not understand what was i seeing
>>>
>>> from what I have been seeing , am I correct that i can not  hard
>>> blacklist
>>> under amavisd unless I use mysql databases?
>>>
>>> again I apologize for my ignorance
>>>

>> No need at all to apologize. I admit AM:BOOST is not obvious. Other
>> settings besides w/b list can additionally affect the AM:BOOST score,
>> that's why it's given a somewhat generic name.
>>
>> You can do hard blacklisting.
>>
>> search for:
>> ENVELOPE SENDER WHITELISTING / BLACKLISTING
>> in:
>>
>> http://www200.pair.com/mecham/amavisd/2.6.6/amavisd.conf-sample
>>
>> For example:
>> @blacklist_sender_maps = ( ['.example.org', 'sender at example.net'] );
>
> this is how i got into soft black list as the hard did not not work
>
> @blacklist_sender_maps = (['captcurrent at hotmail.com', '.example.net']);
>
> is in my amavisd.conf
> and I get this in mail log
>
> Jun 20 08:00:24 tuna amavis[95945]: (95945-01) lookup
> [blacklist_sender<captcurrent at hotmail.com>,blacklist_sender] => undef,
> "captcurrent at hotmail.com" does not match
>

>> or read from an external file:
>> @blacklist_sender_maps = read_hash("$MYHOME/black.lst");

Works fine for me. Are you sure that this log entry is the one that
was produced after you made the change? Is it possible you have
@blacklist_sender_maps listed twice in amavisd.conf? If so, the last
one wins.

This is my test:

@blacklist_sender_maps = (['garyv at example.com', '.example.net']);

Jun 20 19:46:05 filter amavis[3983]: (03983-03-8) lookup
[blacklist_sender<garyv at example.com>,blacklist_sender] => true,
"garyv at example.com" matches, result="1",
matching_key="garyv at example.com"

--