Amavis Quarantine MySql, managing

Peter Beck peter at datentraeger.li
Sun Jun 19 23:20:57 CEST 2011

Antoine Nguyen <tonio at ngyn.org> quatschte am Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 09:01:34AM +0200:

> That's a good question, and the answer depends on your
> configuration. Your solution works well if you can communicate
> directly with the delivery agent. I think managing spam separately
> is a necessity when protection system is acting as a relay, ie. it
> is not the final destination for incoming emails. As far as I know
> (but maybe I'm wrong), heterogeneous environments (for example an
> exchange server behind a postfix and co. relay) don't have a
> choice... I've been deploying antispam solutions (open source based)
> for companies in my previous job and I've never found one that was
> using something else than a proprietary software to handle mailboxes
> :p

Hi Antoine,

I was a little bit drunken when I wrote the mail yesterday
;-) Your answer with the environments _behind_ postfix is
true. I know there are a lot of people not sharing the same
opinion about spam, that's why I'll take a closer look at Modoboa, I'm
sure will could be useful some day.

Cheers
Peter

--
This mail does not have Super Cow Powers.