failure of all virus scanners

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Tue Jun 14 13:57:17 CEST 2011

How can I safely handle the case of all virus scanners failing?

In the release notes I'm seeing:

- a failure of all virus scanners no longer automatically tempfails the
  operation, but flags a message with a CC_UNCHECKED contents category
  (just like a failure of decoders/dearchivers), and allows the usual
  controls (*_destiny, *_quarantine_*) to be used to configure behaviour;
  for example:

  $final_unchecked_destiny = D_TEMPFAIL;
  $unchecked_quarantine_method = 'local:unchecked/%m.gz';

I want to catch the case of a virus pattern update gone wrong -- right
now all the mails pass unchecked, I'd rather tempfail them. On the
other hand - what about encrypted mails which cannot be scanned
anyway? How can I let those pass?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin