logrotation problem for amavis

kshitij mali foreplayboy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 08:52:23 CEST 2011

Hi All ,

I am getting daily logrotation failure please see the below messages from
/var/log/messages

May 13 00:02:04 D1OKH680RL syslogd 1.4.1: restart.
May 13 00:02:12 D1OKH680RL syslogd 1.4.1: restart.
May 13 00:02:12 D1OKH680RL logrotate: ALERT exited abnormally with [1]

in crontab daily i have shedule the cron job to rotatelog for specific time

2 0 * * * /usr/bin/logrotate /etc/logrotate.conf

priviously it was rotating log with no problem but from last some days
logrotate is not rotating properly which tends to loss of log .

i have even tried with -v option in crontab file still i am unable to get
any verbose log stating what is an actuall problem

can some help me to troubleshoot this issue .

Thanks in Advanced .

Kshitij