ipv6 testing

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Mon Jun 6 16:34:46 CEST 2011

> ipv6 testing
> does it work ? :)

It does - but details depend on what you have in mind.

Postfix, amavisd and SpamAssassin since 3.3 can all deal just fine
with IPv6 addresses found in a mail message.

All configuration settings in amavisd understand and correctly deal
with IPv6 addresses configured.

Amavis can feed mail back to Postfix over an IPv6 (inet6) socket.

The one thing lacking is the Net::Server module. The last released
version does not yet support accepting sessions over IPv6.
I have a patch for Net::Server which makes it understand IPv6,
which I'm running here locally (as well as at some other sites),
so this provides the missing link for the full internal mail path
working over inet6. The amavisd-new-2.7.0 supports the
configuration-side of this added Net::Server functionality.

Let me know if someone needs the IPv6-enabling patch for
Net::Server 0.99.