tweaking the SA scores

Yanek postmaster at abetternet.net
Sat Jul 30 02:34:49 CEST 2011

Hello there,

I'm pretty sure that it has already been dealt with on this
mailing-list, or that the answer is available somewhere in the doc. so
please bear with me, and, if you don't want to post the answer again,
I'll be happy with a simple link to the thread / page :)
(I searched the archives, but that's really uneasy)

I want to modify the scores for a few spamassassin rules. More
precisely, I want to change the score for the various BAYES_* rules.

SA is called from Amavis (otherwise, I wouldn't be here :)), with a
setup that is very close to the one described here:
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-users-domains-postfix-courier-mysql-squirrelmail-debian-lenny
(The OS is Debian, squeeze, not lenny)

So far, I tried to modify /etc/spamassassin/v330.pre, tweaking the bayes
scores like that, eg:
score BAYES_80 2.4

That didn't change anything.

I also tried to copy that v330.pre file to
/var/lib/amavis/.spamassassin/ , making sure that the file belongs to
the amavis user and group.
That didn't give any more result...

What do I miss?
Thanks by advance :)