Whitelist for localhost

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 22:25:36 CET 2011

Hi,

>> I have an amavisd-new-2.6.6 install on a fedora15 box with
>> spamassassin-3.3.2, and having trouble figuring out how to whitelist
>> mail sent by root, such as cron scripts.
>
> Whitelisting only affects spam checks. You message was blocked
> by a virus scanner. There is no direct equivalent to whitelisting
> for virus and banned scans. The only way is to use a policy bank,
> or configure MTA to bypass amavis altogether for message that
> need such treatment.

Your examples worked very well. I've tested both methods, and it was
much easier than I thought. Thanks so much. Where is this best
documented, so I may review more thoroughly?

Yes, I'm using postfix with clamav via amavisd. How do I properly
whitelist senders for virus scanning? Perhaps a all_virus_to of sorts?

This case was via localhost, but does the whitelist_from_rcvd work to
whitelist users from clamav scanning when not via localhost? I could
swear that has been effective for me in the past.

Thanks again,
Alex