Headers are not inserted.

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at secnap.com
Thu Dec 1 13:10:18 CET 2011

On 12/1/11 7:02 AM, Andreas Neustifter wrote:
> Hi List!
>
> Sometimes a email gets forwarded from our spam filter (single machine,
> amavis+postfix+spamassassin+clamav, pretty simple setup) to the
> exchange server that have no spam headers (although
> '$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -999') and even have no received headers.
> Those mails do not appear in mail.log, but they do appear in the
> exchange logs as received from the spam filter.
>
> It seems as if those mails are materializing from thin air on the spam filter.
>
> Any ideas what could be the problem in this case? (I have checked the
> access logs, nothing out of the ordinary...)

submit port, 587?  someone sending directly to port 10025?  using
imap(s) to send emails?

other things, make sure that the 'sending' domain isn't your local
domain? (marked 'local=y' in db?  )
make sure receivng domain IS?

run tcpdump? tcpflow and see if you can catch it?

being actually BOUNCED to/from the exchange server?

are they spam or legit?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000