setting amavisd on new server Q

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Fri Apr 15 11:44:51 CEST 2011

Voytek,

> ahem, I just realized that Ubuntu is a Debian and has README.Debian...
> so, all the config files are 'split up' in ':/etc/amavis/conf.d'
>
> > Right. For a new installation either go for 2.6.5 or 2.7.0-pre15.
> >
> > It is probably fine. The only reason for considering radically
> > changing an existing config file is to dust it off and make it cleaner.
> > The 2.7.0 for example brings a much simplified
> > sample config file, so this may be an opportunity for some Spring
> > cleaning, if there is a will to do so.
>
> yes, I guess I should then go for spring cleanup and 2.7

If you want to stay with the Debian/Ubuntu structrure of config files,
you need to apply their small modification to 2.7.0 too, or call
include_config_files(...) from your own amavisd.conf .

... or just forget about their structure of config files, and
use a single /etc/amavisd.conf .

> I guess, as 2.7 is pre-rel, I need to just download, or should I be using
> apt-get install ?
> I'll try just downloading from amavis downlaods and see...

That question would better be answered by Debian/Ubuntu users.