policy banks question

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Thu Apr 14 01:57:56 CEST 2011

I'm reading over:
<http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html#dkim>

and I'm confused somewhat about the originating vs foreign regular
expression bits for Postfix.  It seems to me that both of these regular
expression files are identical other than the port, so how is one email
considered originating and another foreign?  Is that something postfix
"knows" based on the domain name?

Basically, what I'm working on is setting domain disclaimers for
"originating" emails (and eventually to do DKIM signing on originating
emails as well).  I don't need postfix to do any milter work, so I don't
need the 10027 port.  Right now I have ports 10024 and ports 10026 open via
amavis, and 10026 is the originating policy bank.  However, I am just
missing how postfix "knows" an email is originating vs foreign based on
those regular expressions.

Thanks,
Quanah

--