amavisd-new 2.6.5 release candidate - a backport of bug fixes from 2.7.0-pre*

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Fri Apr 1 15:05:30 CEST 2011

* kshitij mali <foreplayboy at gmail.com>:
> Dear Sir ,
>
> I am using your software amavid-new 2.6.4 version of rpm package.
>
> I want to enable sender notification for virus email in my server and yes
> this is the requirement .

1. Your amavis installation needs to know the difference between remote and
originating senders.

Static IP
Originating senders are identified by their static IP. Add the IP (range) to
@mynetworks and set ORIGINATING for the MYNETS policy bank.

Dynamic IP
Associate dynamic (and SMTP AUTH authenticated) clients with a dedicated
$policy_bank and set ORIGINATING for that policy bank.

2. Add $warnvirussender to all "ORIGINATING" $policy_bank.

Consult amavis documentation for policy_bank examples:
<http://www.amavis.org/amavisd-new-docs.html#pbanks>

p at rick

justified.

saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):