RESULT Re: Development Workflow (Branching Model)

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Thu Jan 10 21:53:57 CET 2019

Greetings,

* Patrick Ben Koetter <p at sys4.de>:
> please take 5 minutes, sit down, read this email, make up your mind and then
> vote for one of the two alternatives presented in this email.

amavis-devel at amavis.org subscribers have voted and it resulted in a stalemate
of 3:3. This stalemate has existed since the last 7 days now and today I
decided to end it. We need to get productive.

I therefore take the maintainers privilege and vote in favor of the more
complex model aka Vincent Driessen's "A successful Git branching model", which
you can study at <https://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/>.

So what are the next steps?

We need to

- document the workflow to help contributors contribute
  -> https://gitlab.com/amavis/amavis/issues/42
- prepare amavis' repo to comply with Vincent's branch model
  -> https://gitlab.com/amavis/amavis/issues/43
- begin merging fixes and enhancments into the appropriate branches
- ???

Anyone willing to step up, pick one of these issues and work on it?

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München