Rewriting amavisd.conf

Ralph Seichter m16+amavis at monksofcool.net
Fri Oct 12 15:25:36 CEST 2018

On 12.10.18 15:05, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:

> As Alexander pointed out, debian uses /etc/amavis/conf.d and IIRC
> reads in anything that ends on *.conf. [...] And they prepend numbers
> to the conf files, which then controls the order in which they are
> read when amavis starts.

Yeah, I do that too, including the numbers. Gentoo Linux convention is
/etc/foo.conf as a main config file, and /etc/foo.conf.d/ to hold parts
of the config which are included by the main config file. The current
Gentoo ebuild for amavisd-new does not yet follow that convention, which
I guess is because of the existing "big blob" config file.

I'm one of the Gentoo Linux proxy maintainers, made changes to the last
amavis ebuild, and I guess nobody would object me creating a new ebuild
for amavis' soon-to-be-improved config structure. It would be nice if we
agreed on a method that satisfies both Debian and Gentoo.

-Ralph