documentation: roadmap (draft)

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Thu Oct 11 21:28:20 CEST 2018

I'm not a Perl programmer, but I am good when it comes to write code that
programs the human mind - documentation. Yeah, I know. Strange person… ;-)

I really would like to get my hands dirty on amavis' documentation, but I need
to plan carefully, as there are only a few cycles left to work on amavis at
the moment.

My current plan is to

- research what gitlab provides/requires for a documentation build chain
- define types of documentation amavis should deliver e.g. man-pages, INSTALL
  guide, documentation that describes what amavis is, how it gets to work and
  what it can do.
- screen the existing documentation for content we can use to create the upper
  deliverables
- separate content that isn't really a README_FILE, e.g. the SQL schemas
- create missing documentation

If you want to join me, either writing documentation yourself or proofreading
what I wrote, you are more than welcome.

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München